Monday, November 16, 2009

Loosing Touch

Its like the world outside of me can't get it together. We all loose what we can't control at one point. The cruel thing is it happens to the ones who smile. Won't eat or can't stop eating. Can't see, doesn't want to breathe. Must drink and hurt. Take a life, take your own. Lost a life and can't find your own. Throw away your life to something not alive. After all, you can still come to me for answers I can't even give. And it feels like scraping your knees across asphalt with nothing to ease the shallow wounds that burn hotter than your backwards choices. Douse them with lemon. Maybe it will wake you up. Or maybe you are just numb to it all. Drink your daily cup of pain in the morning - caffeinated, of course. You're so used to it that its the only thing to shock your heart into reminding you that you're human. Don't forget you aren't the only one. Life likes to deal it out in dozens like the lash of a Cat O' Nine. Don't worry, I'll take it because apparently I can handle it. I feel everyone's pain while you only feel your own.

Drop me from the sky with no ground where I can free fall for a thousand years and forget it all.

0 comments: